There are many different types of wrenches available in the market; the wrenches vary on account of the style and the sort of application. Some of them are designed in a manner to work along the standard SAE fasteners and others are designed for general metric applications. The color coding on the wrenches helps in determining the type of wrench; standard or metric.
Some common types of wrenches and their uses are described below;
The adjustable wrenches;
- It works for tightening and loosening the nuts and the bolts
- It comes with a moveable lower jaw that shall be used for adjusting the air impact wrench size
- It can work with both fasteners, the standard, and the metric ones
The combination wrench;
- It is used for tightening and loosening the nuts and the bolts
- Works with both the metric and the standard fasteners
- It comes with two ends; one open end and one box end and they both have the same size
The open end wrench;
- It is used in tightening and loosening the nuts and bolts
- It has a fastener that works for both the metric and standard applications
- It also comes with two open ends, but they are different in sizes
- It comes with jointed and the flex head models that allow you to work at altered angles
The ratchet wrench;
- It is used in tightening and loosening the nuts
- Work with both the metric and the standard fastener
- It is used as the action of the ratchet at one end can move freely in one direction and the fastener in the other direction is engaged for tightening and loosening with the removal of a tool
- Some of the wrenches have pivoting ends of ratchet that are used in tight spaces.
The short body or the stubby wrench;
- Like all other wrenches, this is also used for tightening and loosening the nuts and bolts also particularly in tight spaces.
- It comes in metric and standard sizes
The crowfoot wrench;
- It is used for tightening and loosening the bolts
- It has no handles
- It can operate using a socket extension combination or a ratchet handle
- It is also designed to work between tight spaces
The Basin wrench;
- It is used for tightening and loosening the nuts
- It is also used for house couplings tightening and loosening, that lie under the sinks
The pipe wrench;
- It helps in turning the metal pipes and the fittings
- It comes with a movable upper jaw that can be used for adjusting the wrench size
The hex key wrench;
- It is used for tightening and loosening the hex head screws and the bolts
- It comes in both the standard and the metric sizes
- It comes with T-handles that provide improved leverage to the user.
The strap wrench;
It is used for tightening, turning and loosening many different items of different sizes; like the plumbing fittings and the container lids which otherwise cannot be controlled with the standard wrench as they have no grip over flat faces.
To learn more about impact wrench visit our site impactwrenchguides for comprehensive info.