At the age of 13, boys have mixed reactions due to the stage they are passing through. Some change in the style of dressing, others develop a passion for their hobbies which could be music, sports, all that foster the boy’s future character. All this need to be considered when thinking of the best gift to give them during their birthdays.
It’s therefore important to emphasize their interest so that you can help shape up the future as you nature their talents. A 13 year-old boy is full of life, adventurous and they desire to make themselves happy, and as such, it would be paramount to get something that will encourage them to have a positive attitude towards life.
Here below is a list of some gift ideas that one can consider as you plan for a perfect gift for the boy.
- Shoes-For those boys who have a style for the trending shoes around, a birthday party can never be enough without buying stylish gift shoes, such as sneakers. He will never wear any other during the weekends if he has a passion for such. Ensure that before buying, you evaluate his interest on shoes.
- Comic books-This best suits those boys who love reading books such as the Guinness World Records 2016, which is among the world’s bestselling with super images, exciting stories which are educative and motivational.
- Sports watch- A sports watch works well for the boys who love going out hiking, swimming and make life fun.
- Clothes– A t-shirt with some encouraging or motivational words can go well for a gift. Drawings of his favorite movies are also a recommendation. An example is a Spider-man, Batman and many more. This will make his day look like he is the author of the movie or even appear like he is one of the most loved characters in the movie he is fond of watching.
- Laptop– A laptop can be a perfect gift for those boys who have an interest in playing computer games and exploring the internet. Mostly boys who love staying indoors could enjoy a laptop more than any other gift.
A friend’s son who just turned 13 invited my son for a birthday party, and this is what they had to say;
It all started when my son asked for permission to attend the birthday party and my husband obliged to it.
When the day came, he was super excited to make his friend’s birthday party a success. He had all along been saving from his lunches’ pocket money to buy a gift for his friend. When the day was finally here, he requested me to assist him to choose the best present. I enquired from him about the boy’s hobbies, and we finally settled for a sports watch. We bought the watch and wrapped it nicely and off he went for the birthday.
This was the best experience for my son, they had fun merrymaking, singing birthday songs, playing football and eating all the sorts of excellent meals that the parents had prepared for the party team. When it was time for presenting the gifts to the birthday boy, my son handed over to him the gift, and there were cheers all over. I could hear the noise from our house which is about 500 meters apart. You can imagine the excitement. This gift was the best he has ever received.
When they were young, I used to watch them together with my son making toy watches from old envelopes and rubber bands and this time round, we just hit the nail on the head. From that day, that watch is always on his wrist even when they are going out for swimming, he puts it on at all times. The good thing with the watch is that it’s a water-resistant item and reflects musical colors even when he goes under the waters. What fun. He is forever thankful for the wonderful gift he received from my son.
As you purpose to buy the birthday gifts for 13 year old boy, ensure that you have a clue of his passion, what he loves most, to ensure that the gift is not a wasted effort? Puberty is a stage that he can look at the gift and he is put off within the first sight. So depending on the personality of the young man, select the suitable one from the wide range of gifts available in the stores and as mentioned in the list above.