Sometimes the entire room looks changed when the walls are damp. Making your walls look fresh is always welcome. Additionally, painting is one of the simplest ways to transform your home. However, it does not mean that it does not imply a little planning. Find out below the best tips from the painters in Denver.
Choosing the color and pattern
First of all, if you do not paint the walls white, select the color carefully. Maybe something livelier, more intense might seem appealing, but think that you will look at these walls for a long time from now on and that it might be exhausting. It depends a lot on the room that will be remodeled: for the bedroom, choose warm, soothing colors that will not prevent you from falling asleep, while for the rest of the house you can choose something bolder.
If you have no courage or do not want a very colorful wall, you can choose a discrete model. There are many templates that you can buy and use yourself to offer a personal touch to a common wall.
Wallpaper or linen can be replaced with washable paint. It provides a pleasant finish and is a quick and relatively inexpensive way to change the look of the interiors. Provided you have some minimal knowledge, you can paint your apartment yourself. For this operation to succeed, it is necessary that the surface to be painted to be in excellent condition, without mold or efflorescence and that it does not show any unevenness. It must also be clean and dry, uniform in color and absorbency. See here.
If the wall is damp, the causes should be treated; the safest solution is its isolation. If mold is present, specific products or a solution composed of chlorine and water (25% chlorine) will be used.
If the wall is cracked, it is advisable to regulate it entirely or only on the affected portions. The cracks must be cleaned and covered with plaster. In the case of the deepest, a fiberglass reinforcement tape will be applied. After the plaster has dried, the repaired surface is sanded with abrasive paper.
Steps to follow:
- If the ceiling and the walls are painted in different colors, as the case may be, the edge between the roof and the walls must be insulated with adhesive tape in order to achieve the delimitation of the two colors.
- Prepare the paint according to the manufacturer’s instructions. It pours into a special tray that is provided with a grill, necessary to remove the surplus from the trailer.
- Top-down painting is recommended in successive squares with the 1-meter side, starting with a corner of the room – for example, from the right-hand corner to the left if you are right-handed.
- Repeat the operation at the top of the wall. After applying the vertical strips, they return to the same surface with horizontal movements. Finally, it smooths with vertical movements.
- Paint the spaces where the large trap cannot penetrate,and the joints between the wall and the ceiling are made using a small roller or a medium brush.
- Apply the second coat of paint after drying the first, in strips perpendicular to the glass, in the direction of light. Finally, it smooths in parallel strips with the lens, without softening the trap.
Good to know
- Once you have set the area where you start painting the wall, do not interrupt the work halfway, but continue to the other corner without returning to the areas where the paint has already been applied.
- If it is narrow, brush-painted portions there are differences in appearance concerning the wall, it is advisable to return to painting with a non-mounted miniature flap at one end, allowing painting in the corner.
In order to prevent getting dirty, it’s best to take precautions. Anytime accidents can happen or you can find out after that you have to clean the stains on the furniture or TV and not even know how they got there. Pick up all small objects and store them well.
Check this out: https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/8-ways-to-keep-your-home-clean-before-it-gets-dirty#
Another useful idea is to put them in boxes with the label to make it easier to put them back and pack them in a particular order. Cover the furniture and the rest of the large objects with plastic foil, taking care to close it well at the ends, so that no lime flows somewhere inside.