Have you ever found yourself awestruck by the radiant glow on the face of yogis?
We all yearn for a skin that is beautiful, glowing, and youthful. Sure, beauty products help, but the real beauty is a thing. “Beauty begins internally.” We all want to feel beautiful inside-out that is eternal. Don’t you want the gorgeous skin that reflects inner shine?
Yoga, the science of internal beauty is the ultimate path to follow. The yoga asana practices refresh and rejuvenate the skin from inside, the effects of which are radiated outwards. As you perform the Hatha yoga, Ashtanga yoga and Bikram yoga poses, your skin undergoes a complete revamp. The Ashtanga yoga poses are intense and Bikram yoga is practiced in a hot room. Both the style induces sweat thus flushing out toxins from the skin. The classical Hatha yoga postures also facilitate detoxification and improve the supply of blood to the skin, which results in smooth texture and glow.
Many yoga postures help in a healthy digestive system and proper breath work that revitalizes the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines. A restorative yoga posture allows you to have a restful sleep, lowers cortisol production and gives a boost to collagen, bringing back the natural shine.
Practice these five yoga poses to cleanse and transform your skin.
- Standing Forward Fold–Uttanasana: The forward fold poses increases oxygen and blood flow to the face due to the downward movement. This encourages skin cell renewal and prevents free radicals. With this pose, you can make your skin glowing.
Steps: Stand tall on a yoga mat with your feet firmly into the floor and hands on the hips. Breathe in, stretch your arms above and keep them long. Breathe out, start to fold forward from the hips, lengthening the front torso. As you bend, bring your arms down and place the palms on the floor in front of your feet. You can also hold your elbows with opposite hands. Let the head hang freely.
- Camel Pose-Uttanasana: Camel pose is a backbend in which the chest lifted that helps open the ribcage. The expansion of lungs leads to an increase in oxygen flow in the body that reduces stress and maintains hormonal balance. By enhancing the biological functions, the pose reduces acne and blemishes.
Steps: Kneel on the ground with knees-shoulder-width apart. Align the hips over your knees. Tuck the toes under and keep the top of the feet flat on the floor. Lean and reach back with your hands to grab the heels. Lift through the pelvis and keep the spine long. As you lean back, lift the chest up and bend the head back without straining the neck.
- Twisted Seated Pose –Ardha Matsyendrasana: The twisted position of the pose aids in digestive health. Healthy digestion results in detoxification that is necessary for a lustrous skin.
Steps: Start in a seated position; legs straight, spine long, and shoulders drawn towards each other. Bend the right knee and place the right leg over the left, right foot planted next to the left thigh. Place the left hand on right knee and right hand behind you on the floor. Twist the torso to the right and look over the right shoulder. To exit, release the hands and right knee to come back in the seated position. Again, repeat the movements with the left leg on the other side.
- Shoulder Stand– Sarvangasana: The pose enhances the circulation of blood in the body, especially to the face. This helps to reduce acne, blemishes, dark spots for a naturally glowing skin.
Steps: Lie in a supine position, completely straight. Bend the knees and place the feet on the ground with heels close to your hips. Slowly start to raise the legs up. Support your torso with your hands. Then elongate the legs up with the toes pointing towards the ceiling. Keep the head and neck in a comfortable position on the floor. Do not overexert your shoulders. To come out of the pose, place your hands on the floor next to your body and lower your legs to the ground.
- Plow Pose– Halasana: The pose calms the brain, stabilizes the heart and relieves digestive organs. The pose ensures maximized beauty rest and beautiful skin.
Steps: Lay your back on the floor. Keep the arms parallel to the floor next to your body. Press the hands into the ground. Gently raise your hips and extend your legs behind. Place the toes on a yoga mat beyond the head. Rest the hands on the torso for care and support.
There isn’t a thing not to love about these yoga poses. So, practice them on a regular basis for the internally healthy and glowing skin.
Author Bio :
Bipin Baloni is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He provides Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas.