I’m sure we’re all familiar with the adage that goes, “A family that prays together stays together.”
While that still rings true, today; a family that does healthy habits together stays fit together as well.
In today’s day and age, convenience is of the essence. People are always looking for the fastest route to dodge a tedious and time-consuming process.
For instance, instead of exercising, some people resort to taking fat burners and dietary supplements that curb appetite. Another prevalent practice nowadays is visiting fast food chains more often instead of cooking hearty meals at home.
Or worse, taking more of those detrimental medications instead of pushing for more herbal healing.
Overall, as the world evolves, people also lean towards creating more time for themselves by doing some unhealthy practices to cut corners.
However, what we don’t realize is that this process will do more harm than good in the long run. And this is where the strong bond between family members comes into play.
Of course, we all want what’s best for our families – a happy life, stable careers, and overall healthy well being. That said, in terms of healthy habits, it’s always better to push each family member to the right path.
Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle for the Entire Family
There are a million and one reasons why a healthy lifestyle will protect the ones you love. But here are the top five benefits that will give you the extra nudge to implement daily healthy habits indoors or outdoors.
- Fueling your bodies with the right food will improve your overall physical and mental wellbeing. This also enhances your mood, enabling the entire family to mingle together and nurture relationships.
- Eating right controls one’s body weight. There’s a reason why, since the beginning, people advice us to eat well-balanced meals.
- Exercising from time to time, at least 150 minutes weekly, prevents life-threatening diseases. Some could be as trivial as arthritis or as worse as cardiovascular problems.
- Eating the right types of food, especially those that contain essential fatty acids, fiber, and carbohydrates, will boost energy levels. In turn, this allows us to increase our productivity around the house.
- Without a doubt, maintaining a healthy lifestyle enables us to live longer than others who don’t. According to a survey by The American Council on Exercise, those who regularly walk half an hour daily slowly increased their lifespan.
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
With all these benefits in mind, I’d like to share with you a motivational book I came across with.
The Power of Habit talks about how a person does the same three-step cycle doing their habits daily. CUE, ROUTINE, and REWARD.
Cue is the stimulus that makes us act out our habit. Routine is the automatic reaction to the initial cue, and it’s when we perform our habits. Lastly, the reward is the satisfaction we get after completing the “routine.”
Duhigg advises that to change bad habits, people need to change one step: the routine. Plus, people also need enough willpower and discipline to be able to achieve that.
So if you’re trying to break bad habits and starting to incorporate daily healthy habits at home, here are some life-changing daily health tips for the entire family.
7 Daily Health Tips for You and Your Family
- Eat right
Choose healthier options daily. Hoard on healthy food rather than unhealthy ones. Whatever your family finds in your fridge, they’ll surely eat it. Make sure you cook more vegetables and stock up on fruits at home. Better yet, if you have time during the weekend, you can always prep for the entire week’s meals.
- Drink at least three liters of water
Never ignore drinking the recommended water intake for men and women. For men, it’s 3.7 liters. On the other hand, women need 2.7 liters of water daily to hydrate and stay healthy.
- Go for organic options
More and more households are leaning towards sustainability. And one step is to avoid food, products, and medications that involve a great deal of abuse on the environment and animals.
For instance, instead of synthetic medications, people now purchase herbal medicines from marijuana online Canada dispensaries. This is because the consistent intake of chemicals can wreak havoc on our bodies in the long run.
- Be your family’s motivator
Not all family members are into the fit and active lifestyle. However, it doesn’t hurt to encourage them to work out. Better yet, why not work out together?
You can start by spending more time doing outdoor activities together. Then slowly do it as a regular family thing.
- Talk to each other more often
One way to boost everyone’s morale at home is by directly talking to one another. Simple conversations can go a long way. In fact, checking on family members from time to time might help others suffering from mental issues.
- Discourage bad vices at home
Bad vices are extremely health-damaging. You wouldn’t want any of your loved one suffering from the hazardous impact. Talk them out of bad vices such as smoking, drinking, drugs, and more.
- Always catch up on your Z’s
Never underestimate the power of good sleep. Your body is your only aide, and if you don’t take care of it, stress will take its toll on it. Sleeping at least seven hours a day will revitalize a tired body and weary soul, and it works every time.