The triangular prism is a polyhedron that will be a three-dimensional shape and will be made up of two triangular bases and three rectangle sides. Like any other kind of prism, the two bases will be parallel and congruent to each other. This particular shape will be having nine edges, six vertices and five faces in total which is a very important point to be remembered by the kids. The triangular prism is considered to be the 3-D shape that will be having nine distinct nets and the corners, as well as edges of this particular shape bases, will be joined with each other with the help of three rectangular sides.
Some of the most common facts and figures about the triangular prism have been explained as follows:
- This particular shape will be having five faces
- It will be having nine edges
- It will be having six corners
- The shape of the base will be triangular
- The shape of the sides will be rectangular
- The surface area of this particular shape will be two into the area of triangular basis plus perimeter of the base into the height of the prism
- The volume of this particular shape will be an area of the base into the height of the prism
The sides of the triangular prism will be rectangular and will be joined with each other side-by-side and all the cross-sections will be parallel to the base faces as same as of a triangle. The triangular pyramid will be having four triangular bases unlike the triangular prism which are joined with each other and everything will be congruent to each other.
In the world of mathematics, this is considered to be the type of prism that will be having three sides and two bases. The sides will be of a rectangle shape and the base will be of triangle shape. The sides are also known as congruent or else oblique and the edges of this particular prism will be joining the corresponding sides. The two bases of this prism will be equilateral triangles and the edges of these triangles will be parallel to each other.
The right triangular prism will be the one that will be having three rectangular sides as congruent and the two triangular bases will be parallel as well as congruent to each other. The little faces will be perpendicular to the triangular bases and the volume formula has been explained above.
Following are some of the very basic properties of the triangular prism:
- It will be having a total of nine edges and five faces which will be joined by the rectangular faces
- It will be having to triangular bases and three rectangular sides
- If the triangular basis will be equilateral and other faces of squares instead of the rectangle then it will be known as semi-regular.
It is also very much important for the kids to be clear about the triangular prism net because this will comprise three rectangles and two triangles. The kids need to be clear about the basic properties of this particular shape so that they can implement the formulas very easily and correctly. This is considered to be the best possible way of ensuring their kids will be having a good command over the entire thing and will be able to fulfil the real-life applications without any kind of problem. Further being clear about the volume of triangular prism formula is very much vital on the behalf of kids because of the practical relevance associated with the whole concept.
Hence, depending upon the platforms like Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that people can deal with things very easily and our further very much capable of scoring well in the maths exam because they will be well versed with the basic properties and formulas.