Water damage can either be robust like a flash flood or the breakage of a pipe. Or, it can be stealthy like leakage in the roof. Irrespective of the source of your water inflow, you need to be quick in taking the decision. History shows that houses and apartments look sturdy enough to withstand the effects of any sorts of flooding, but the individual elements that make the walls, insulation, floors, and ceilings are not as resilient to the impact of water. Even when you take the measures on your own within a couple of days, you can miss wet spots or excessively humid corners of your home that can lead to mold growth and rotting.
What are the health concerns of flooding?
Often people fail to realize the health concerns of flooding and waterlogging. Some effects are not as apparent, and they can lead to the depreciation of a house’s value, degradation of the indoor air quality and health complications among the residents. For example – when you leave the wet spots, they can attract bacteria and harmful fungal growth. It is usually common inside walls, under insulations and hardwood flooring. The combination of stagnant air and increased humidity can even make your house the perfect home for black mold. It can lead to respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and skin problems among the residents.
Why does your home need expert care?
Using a dehumidifier and vacuum to clean up the mess after flooding is not enough. Visit the OC Water Damage Pros Orange County site to learn more about the professional cleanup processes necessary to render your abode safe for you and your family. Here is a brief list of things an expert team will do to restore your home after flooding –
- Technicians use high power extractors and pumps to remove the water. It reduces the stagnant period and increases the efficiency of the removal process. Your walls and floors experience significantly less exposure to the moisture.
- They pull up the carpets, rugs and dry the floors. They take care of the furniture as well. Drying and restoring each corner of the home becomes fast and efficient with experienced restorers on your team.
- They also attempt to restore damaged electronic appliances including the big home appliances and the entertainment units inside a house.
- The restoration team also removes the harmful bacteria and fungi from the site of flooding. Apart from their pumps and extractors, they have chemical agents that kill the germs, without affecting the indoor air quality deleteriously.
- After they finish these processes, they will go back and check the covert corners, in between walls, under the furniture and the crevices of the floors for stored water. They will remove excess moisture from the indoors and restore the pre-flooding air quality as much as possible.
Working with experts can give you the advantage of saving time. It reduces the number of days you have to spend in motels, hotels or at friend’s places while the restoration process is ongoing. Moreover, a homeowner’s insurance covers almost all the damage flooding may cause to their home.