Yes, it is true. Getting rid of a window air conditioner is the best decision, but this does not mean that you will have to continue your days without the AC system. It would be the worst thing to say, especially when you are an Elmont resident. What the experts are trying to say is the market today has better offerings and solutions that would not only cost you less but also provide you with added features. Although a window air conditioner can be suited well for small apartments, when space talks about houses, you will have to consider central air conditioning installation Elmont.
This article will point out the disadvantages of window air conditioners and will give you an insight into how you can enjoy better cooling with a standard central AC system.
Reasons Why Window AC is Not Good for Your House
- They block light – Window air conditioners are fixed in the window, blocking the light. It also deemphasizes the beauty of the window while blocking not just the light but also the pleasant view.
- It offers limited scope – When compared to the central air conditioning system, window AC is limited in its performance. Although it can cool a small room very well, when it is about bigger rooms or other rooms in the house, you will have to install more window units. And not all rooms have windows or space, for the units to be fixed. This will also make the cost factor high. But in the case of a central air conditioning system, you will not have to worry about many units, as one single unit will take care of the entire house. To know more about central air conditioners, contact the professionals of AC installations Elmont, and know about its amazing features and benefits.
- A less secure home – When there is a window unit in the house, it is similar to putting a hole in the house, compromising the security. And this becomes riskier when your house is located on the ground floor, giving it easy access to intruders.
- Poor energy efficiency – The central air conditioning system is much more energy-efficient when compared to the window AC. it drains off the electricity while giving an unimpressive result. If you are ready for high bills without much cooling satisfaction, then continue with a window air conditioner.
- Problematic in Cold Weather – It not only gives issues in the hot season but also causes troubles in the cold weather as well. It easily gives space for the heat to escape, making the interior feel cold and uncomfortable. Some homeowners also take the pain of removing the air conditioner and storing it for the winter to escape the inconveniences.
- Not a repairing unit – The window AC can be fixed for malfunctions, but when it comes to severe repairs, it becomes a little problematic here. Repairing a window unit is not a cost-effective move. In case your AC breaks down, you will not have many options left for replacement will only be the only solution for you. If you opt for parts replacement, it will become a costly affair as it will cover almost half of the new unit. Therefore, in case of these situations, contact the professionals of AC repair Elmont and get advised accordingly.
- They are ugly – Let us be honest. The window AC no longer adds to the home décor as it blocks and protrudes into space. They also give a bad impression on the outside of the house. Gone are the days when the window AC stood out for its royalty, beauty, and luxury. Today, they are considered outdated, inefficient, and money-eating equipment.
- Too much noise – The window AC is a packaged unit, in which all the components come in a single cabinet. This means that your air conditioner will make more noise because of the fan and the compressor.