The internet has become a significant part of our lives. According to a survey conducted by Forbes in 23 countries, more than two-thirds of the people cannot imagine their life. India is leading the study with 82%. By the stats, it is safe to assume that the internet has become an essential commodity.
To access the internet, we need a browser and a search engine. Google is the most popular search engine, with 87.35% market share. In the following article, let us learn Six browser secrets that only the avid internet users know.
1. Keyboard Shortcuts
There are plenty of keyboard shortcuts that make browser experience intuitive and very easy. Let us learn some of them.
- You can switch between the tabs without using a mouse or touchpad, just press and hold the Control key and the number 1 to 9 depending on the tab number you want to navigate. If you have more than nine tabs, you can navigate using Control Key and Page Up or Page Down.
- You can open the download window for the browser just by pressing the Control key and J.
- You can quickly delete browsing data by pressing Control Shift and D and clear it.
- Closed a tab by mistake? No worries, you can quickly recover by pressing Control Shift and T.
- You can quickly go to the URL bar for typing by pressing Control and K or Control and E.
2. As a Notepad
You can convert any browser into the Notepad with a simple link. It will be handy for people who do not want to switch tabs, especially on the phone and do not want to install a new application.
Enter the below code in the URL bar, and you can enter the text and save it as an HTML file.
ode : data:text/html, <html contenteditable>
3. Easy Email Compose from the URL bar
You can compose an email from the URL bar directly without opening your domain website. It is very convenient to skip the part of opening another website, clicking on compose, and doing it.
Just type “mailto:” after the colon, enter the email address you want to send the mail to, Your default email client will automatically launch with a compose window. You can type the Email and submit it.
4. Reverse Image Search
If you want images similar to the image you have, Google has an impressive feature for you. You can upload the image or enter the URL, and Google will find the pictures for you.
Just go to images.google.com. If you are doing this on the phone, select the checkbox beside Desktop Site from the menu (3 vertical dots). Now upload the image or paste the URL, and Google will find pictures for you.
5. Getting Better Search Results
You can make a few changes and get better search results. Let’s see a few of them.
- You can get search results involving specific keywords. To do that, Use quotes (“) for a particular word in your phrase, and you will get it.
- You can eliminate results containing particular words. To do that, use the minus or dash(-) sign to exclude results for that word in your phrase. It helps to eliminate the search results of a particular website you don’t want.
- You can get the documents of a particular file type. To do that, enter the topic you want to have a document for and enter “filetype:” and the document (pdf or doc, etc.,) By this you will get the required documents for your search.
6. Fun with Google
There is a lot of fun stuff you can do with Google as your search engine. Let us find them out.
- Open google and type “do a barrel roll.” You will see that the page will roll.
- Open google and type “Google Askew” and open the first link. You will see the home page tilted.
- Open google and type “Google Gravity” and open the first link and see the home page fall!
- Open google and type “zerg rush” and open the first link and have fun playing!
- Open google and type ” Google Sphere” and open the first link. You will see the home page in sphere mode.
- Open google and type “Atari Breakout” and enjoy the nostalgiac experience of the game!
- Open google and type “Google Pacman” and enjoy the Pacman right on your computer with that classical music!
With the world internet growing very fast and reaching millions of people, we have everything at fingertips. Not only the above six, but there are many more secrets and hidden features that we can use and take the maximum advantage of the browser, with the help of this article. So go out there and dig as much as you can. Have fun using the above features for your comfort and convenience.