Cycling is always fun if one has a proper bike. With the development of technology, the cycles’ designs have changed, and all are crazy about something new and trendy in the market. After learning the necessary cycling skills while growing up, people pedal the BMX bikes and participate in many adventurous and challenging cycling sports. These bikes have specific features, and if you are thinking of buying one, it is best to be a bit knowledgeable about them before sealing the deal with the supplier.
The Salient Features of These Bikes
BMX bikes are somewhat different from regular bicycles. They come with a lot of features, which makes cycling easy and fun. Initially, during the introduction period during the 1960s, these bikes looked like knocked-down motorbikes taking part in motocross. However, they have changed quite a lot since then.
- The Diameter Of The Tires– One of the significant aspects of BMX bikes is the tires. They are fitted with 20-inch dia tires. Unlike regular bikes with ridges or grooves on tires, these bikes have large tires with grooves and knobs on the tread. This feature can make the ride smooth in rough or muddy terrain, unlike the regular bikes. The traction and control are more while riding BMX bikes due to this rich feature of the tires.
- The Weight Of The Frame – Another unique feature of BMX bikes is light in weight. Although they are lightweight, they can absorb more shock and avoid cracks and wear and tear of the frame. With the use of chrome steel or aluminium of good quality, manufacturers had ensured the bikes’ property. The typical bicycle frame is made from stainless steel; therefore, they are much heavier and less shock absorber. The shock-absorbing properties of the BMX frame encourage youngsters to perform jumping activities or stunts effortlessly.
- Has Single Gear – The BMX bicycles have a single gear, unlike other ones. They work on a single chain, and there are no gear shifts. The rider can pedal the bike in multiple directions effortlessly while paddling. Again, one can paddle in both directions- front and back. It is next to impossible in the traditional or any other sports bike. Therefore, the rider can perform many challenging tricks, easier jumps, and stunts without any tension of falling.
- Multiple Padding – BMX bicycles use multiple padding and different areas. One can see the padding on the gooseneck, straddle bar, the crossbar between the handles. The manufacturers’ main concern is to provide utmost safety to the riders. They pump up their adrenalin and pedal precisely to perform the unique stunts and tricks or cycling on a rough, rigid, or muddy terrain. If you are taking part in any BMX competition, these multiple padding in different areas enhances the safety feature. One can juggle the bike with a relaxed mind avoiding fear of accidents.
- Unique Stern – The BMX bikes come with four big bolts are fitted on the stern on these bikes to ensure maximum safety. It helps to increase the stability and durability as the rider lands on any surface from a height. The riders often put their body weight on the handles while performing a stunt, and this unique stern provides an extra safety feature.
If you are looking for a unique cycling experience then you must invest in BMX bikes. With these bikes between your legs, it is possible to take part in many adventurous bike sports. The difference between the average cycle and these types of bikes is explained above. So get ready, jump and pump the bike to perform your dream activities, staying on the wheels with a much-relaxed mood.