Leaking taps, burst pipes, shower repairs, bathroom installers, every house needs a good plumber at some point of time. However, it is important to ensure that only professional plumbers take care of all repair and maintenance needs of existing structures or install systems for new constructions.
According to IBIS World, the plumbing industry in the US has seen annual growth of 2.6% from 2012 to 2017, generating revenues of $102 billion. The Plumbers industry is one of many subcontracting industries essential to the residential and nonresidential building markets, as plumbers are needed to both install systems for new construction and to repair and maintain the systems of existing structures. Maintenance of existing equipment accounts for a significant share of revenue and is a stable source of revenue for the industry when construction markets fluctuate. The rebound of the housing market, along with an increase in economic activity, caused new construction to start picking up early in the period. A stable part of this revenue is generated from the maintenance, replacement, and repair of existing equipment, since the construction market is fluctuating in nature, says an expert at Mikes Chicago Plumbing, providers of highly trained and qualified 24 hour plumber in Chicago.
Although the plumbing industry is growing and it is easy to find a plumber in your area, not every plumber is as skilled and experienced. Therefore, it is always advisable to opt for fully licensed, bonded and insured local emergency plumbing services in Glencoe for all your urgent residential and commercial plumbing needs.
Here are five qualities you should take into consideration to ensure that you have hired the best plumbers in Chicago.
8 Qualities of a Professional Plumber
- Respect Their Client’s Time & Space: The importance of punctuality can never be overemphasized. A professional plumber ensures that they give their clients a precise time of arrival and they reach your place at the said time. The best companies are able to offer a professional response in 45 minutes. Moreover, every home has its own rules regarding guests or simply outsiders. A true professional will follow your lead. Once they are done with the work, they’ll tidy up the work area, which only shows their respect for you and your home.
- Experience –Experience is also another important factor when it comes to hiring plumbers. Everyone has to start somewhere. Over time, they gain knowledge through experience. While truly, experience isn’t something you can get overnight, it will sure be worth it overtime.
- License and Insurance –This is the basic thing that any professional plumber in Chicago should have. Without a license they simply cannot operate and this is the first thing you must demand whenever some plumber makes a business proposition to you. They obtain this license after years of schooling and passing that final exam on merit. Besides, it also helps you ascertain a fake one.
- Apart from this insurance comes along their license. This Insurance will cover your home in case of any accidents. Professional plumbers have these two things. These ensure that you are hiring an experienced quality plumber who is prone to performing an inch perfect job.
- Comes with all the Right Tools: A plumber cannot be called professional if he doesn’t have the right tools on hand for his job. Whether you need plumbing installation services for home remodeling and renovation projects or installation and replacement of sinks, showers, bathtubs, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water heaters, pumps and septic tanks, the plumber should be fully prepared. If needed, he should be able to bring in new equipment promptly.
- Provides a Clear Estimate: Not been provided with a clear estimate in the beginning and overcharged in the end of the work is a common complaint that homeowners have regarding plumbers. A professional plumber will provide a clear and detailed estimate, including both the cost of labor and materials before starting the work, to avoid any confusion later.
- Ready to Answer All Your Questions: It is your house. You are supposed to have questions related to the kitchen or bathroom remodeling or leaking pipes. Instead of ignoring your questions, a good plumber believes in satisfying their client’s queries in the best possible way, communicating in a language understandable to their client.
- Willing to Fix Unexpected Problems: You might have called a plumber to fix a leak in the kitchen, only to discover that your ceiling is leaking as well. Sometimes, a plumbing issue occurs while correcting one or sometimes due to the plumber’s mistake. A plumber should be ready to take care of any such unexpected issues that arise during their work.
So, the next time you hire emergency plumbing services in Chicago, do not hesitate to ask for a clear estimate and any questions you might have about their work.