The hustle-bustle of urban life, sedentary lifestyle, daily chores and many other reasons impel the gradual decline of our health. Despite the fact that going out sometimes can provide us only a momentary solace, it is really essential to treat yourself an uplifting period of pleasure and recreation. Going on a vacation is an ideal way to re-energise you body, mind and soul and take a break from the hullabaloo of daily life. So why not travel around your own homeland and relax a bit? India is a land of incredible culture and rich diversity with great hospitality in people. Have a glance at these 5 unmissable holiday spots in India and Have a nice time exploring around different places in India and discovering the opulent and rich history, arts & cultures, experience the vibrancy, warmth, spirit and liveliness of the Indian embrace!
Itinerary to carry for a trip
Be it your 1st solo trip or you are an experienced wanderer, getting a travel checklist done always proves to be a good idea. Have a look at some essential items to carry during a trip:
- Don’t forget to pack your Camera along with. You could carry a DSLR, a Go Pro/video camera or an iPhone anything which suits your preferences.
- Pack some nuts, cookies or some easy snacks and get a water bottle along for the trip.
- Just keep in mind to pack your Umbrella along as it can be really helpful to you on bright, sunny or even rainy days. Do a good research of the upcoming weather conditions of the place you desire to visit.
- In this advanced world of Technology, people totally rely on GPS in their phones, but keeping a local destination map with you would be a really decent option.
- In case your phone becomes dead, power Banks are to be kept handy so that your smart phone works all fine throughout the trip and help you with communication, entertainment or even navigation.
All the party-aficionados are most welcome to this vivacious place – Goa. The place is adorned in a Portuguese backdrop along with enormous beaches, picturesque villages lined by palm trees and ancient forts. The youngsters generally prefer Goa as their favourite holiday destination as the place organises India’s largest Music festival in the month of December. There are plenty of cafes, pubs, and shacks on the beach which offer delicious seafood at reasonable prices. One should visit this place during the last days of December as it is more happening and full of life. Also you can hire bikes and travel around the place yourself!
- There are some amazing offers too which can make your trip remarkable such as a discount of Rs.750 on hotel booking in Goa via Oyo rooms, avail Rs.600 discount on car rides in Goa, opt for GoAir and fly to Goa at just Rs.1015 and many more.
Rajasthan is famous as the desert state in our country flaunting its rich and flamboyant culture. The word ‘Rajasthan’ literally implies that it is the Land of Maharajas and supposedly it is full of historical forts, luxurious palaces and fascinating history. The capital city- Jaipur is famed as ‘The Pink City’ and consists of the majestic Hawa Mahal, the City Palace, and the intricate Amer Fort etc. Jodhpur, the Blue City boasts its monumental Mehrangarh Fort and the royal Umaid Bhavan. One must also visit Jaisalmer to explore the colossal golden fort and have a camel ride in the Thar Desert. The dreamy city of Udaipur with its magical lakes is a must see. Also one shouldn’t miss the Safari at the Ranthambore National Park and the visit to the sacred town- Pushkar which organises the renowned camel festival. The state offers delectable dali-bati-churma and jalebi being the staple food. The place blooms with visitors in December as the weather is favourable and pleasant.
- Avail hotels in Jaipur at 50% discount via Oyo Rooms, Zoom car presents you car rental at just Rs.75 per hour and also you can try use yatra coupons to get 65% discount on home stays in Udaipur.
Sikkim is a perfect illustration of the phrase- “Good Things, small Packages”! Do visit if you wish to witness the mesmerizing beauty of the state which flaunts amazing climate, adventurous treks, picturesque Himalayan view, intense Tibetan Buddhist ethos and luscious regional food. Visit Gangtok to enjoy the audacious river rafting, cable car drives, mountain biking or if you are a peace-lover, then take pleasure in sinking deep in the scenic magnificence of the city. The ideal time to plan a trip to Sikkim is between the months of March & May or October & mid of December. You shouldn’t miss the opportunity to visit the Changu Lake or the Tsomgo Lake once you pop in Gangtok. There are several other fascinating places in Sikkim such as the regal Rumtek monastery, Nathula Pass, the captivating Pelling, Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Park, and Yumthang Valley and so on!
- Oyo rooms present you the travel package of Sikkim at Rs.8999 only, avail 50% discount on hotel bookings at yatra ICICI bank offer.
In the Southern part of India lies the nonchalant, luscious and tropical state of Kerala. Also famed as ‘God’s own country’, it proves to be the most peaceful and relaxing holiday spots in India. The land is prominent for its graceful and gorgeous backwaters which is a must see site. You should definitely experience a cruise ride around the backwaters in Kettuvallam (customary rice barge). Gazing at the native lifestyle all along the river side prove to be a very soothing episode while devouring the odorous fish curry under the swinging palm trees is ultimate bliss. There are a variety of wildlife sanctuaries, hill stations, amazing beaches, gently sloping tea plantations, spice plantations, tropical forests and also the state provides a chance to have an insight of a more relaxed pace of life. Spend your December in Kerala in its loveliest weather to learn more about ayurveda & arts and culture of the state.
- Avail the travel package to Kerala via Oyo rooms at just Rs.6999, get 70% off on Hotel bookings via Redbus in Kerala and surf through many more offers.
It is difficult and a bit impractical for someone to not adore and glorify the great Himalayan ranges enclosed by flourishing and verdant forests and greenery patches. The first eye attraction in this state would be the environmental presence which at once encapsulates the visitors, thereafter the streams of water gushing through accompanied by the adventurous activities such as trekking; paragliding, cliff jumping and other water sports prove to be a complete holiday package. There is plethora of places to visit in Himachal Pradesh like Mcleodganj, Shimla, Kasauli, Triund, Manali, Kasol, Vashisht, Dalhousie, Dharamshala, Khajjiar, Manikaran being the most important ones. If the wanderlust in you is not convinced of the land, then do pay a visit to the mesmerising lakes namely Beas Kund, Bhrigu Lake, Kareri Lake, Prashar Lake, Manimahesh Lake, Nako Lake, Suraj Tal, Dashir Lake, Chandra Taal and many more! You can also trip into the Chail Wildlife sanctuary, Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary, Great Himalayan National Park and Pin Valley National Park. Visit this state in summers to have an enjoyable trip!
- Get the Himachal package via Oyo rooms at Rs.5499, avail bus from Delhi to manali at just Rs.849 via Mobikwik bus and get many offers at makemytrip, yatra etc.
In today’s hectic and busy lifestyle, vacations are not just a treat but a compulsion for a healthy and well-balanced life. Vacations play an eminent role in relieving stress, maintaining focus, enhancing productivity at work, preventing diseases and keeping you fit and healthy. So it doesn’t matter if you are planning for a 3 days trip or a month-long holiday in India, do visit these amazing places. But wait, the list doesn’t end here; there are several other holiday destinations like Karnataka, Jammu Kashmir, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra to name some. Pack your luggage, invite your friends and visit these amazing places in India!