Brain is the most complex organ of the body. It is the powerhouse of the body that signals other organs to work. Our brain is more complex that we think it is. There are more than 100 billion nerves in our brain. If we are able to use 100% of our brain, you will be a tremendous genius. Even though, we are not able to use our 100% brain, still there are ways you can use to increase the power of your brain and memory. Different kinds of food contain different kinds of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, etc. that help your body in various ways. In this article, we will discuss some fruits that will help you in improving your memory power.
Foods to Improve Your Memory Power
- Blueberries –Blueberries are highly beneficial fruit. They are considered as the king of antioxidants. Blueberries are extremely tasty and highly nutritional, it is low in calories.It can prevent DNA damage as well as aging. It also helps in preventing diabetes, cancer,heart diseases, blood pressure problems, etc. Even for your brain, it is exceptionally great food to consume. It contains anthocyanins, which has anti-inflammatory and a lot of antioxidants that helps the brain from aging. Due to this effect that it has on the brain, the power of the brain and memory increases. Short term memory loss can also be cured with the help of blueberries.
- Coffee –Coffee is another healthy drink that is really good for your brain. It improves a person’s concentration power and helps lighten the mood. Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, Depression, Alzheimer diseases is also reduced by drinking coffee. Coffee consists of two significant components – first is caffeine and the second is antioxidants. In the brain there is substance called adenosine,due to which a person feels sleepy, if you drink coffee the caffeine in it will block this substance. Hence, after drinking coffee the alertness increases.
A study conducted in 2018 says that the drinking coffee increases the processing power of the brain. As the caffeine interrupts a person sleep, many doctors do not recommend it. Apart from adults, coffee is consumed by a lot of students too. At the time of exams, students drink coffee so that they can concentrate more on studies and stay alert. It makes the students more alert and aware. Hence, it is very effective drink to increase brain and memory power.
- Broccoli –Broccoli is a vegetable which is full of benefits. It is rich in vitamin K and C. It helps in improving brain power. Glucosinolate is a compound that exists in broccoli. When this compound breaks it produces isothiocyanates, which reduces stress. It also improves the health of brain. It protects brain from being damaged. It is also rich in crabs, protein, fat, potassium, phosphorus, etc. It prevents cancer, controls sugar level in blood, beneficial for heart, better digestion, etc.
- Nuts – Nuts have a lot of health benefits. Dry fruits like almonds, walnut, hazelnut, pistachios, cashew nuts, etc. are some of the dry fruits that have a very good effect on the brain. It provides a lot of strength to the body and power to the brain. It is said that one must east almond every morning as it helps improve memory power and sharpen your brain skills. It helps the brain in better functioning and strengthens the nervous system. Eating dry fruits does not only help youngsters, it also helps in the people of older age. As a person grows old, their body functions become weak and stress is also increased. Therefore, we must eat nuts as they will help in retaining the brain power and better functioning.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is full of antioxidants. It is used in many recipes and is also called as a best home remedy for multiple diseases. Even for cuts and wounds turmeric is number one antiseptic medicine. The main ingredient of turmeric is curcumin. It is said that, it helps the brain cells by directly reaching them. This substance called curcumin is helps benefit memory by making it more strong. Apart from this, depression is also cured with the use of turmeric. It produces dopamine, which is improves mood. Also, this curcumin helps grow more brain cells that are healthier ones.
- Eggs – Eggs are high in protein. Those who are interested in body building are recommended to eat eggs as they are a good source of protein. This protein is also helpful for hairs in a number of ways. It makes the hair very smooth and shiny. Eggs contain Choline, through which acetylcholine is created. This ingredient also helps to improve memory of a person. It is high in cholesterol hence; some people are recommended to not eat it.
- Oily Fish – Oily fish are a high source of protein, omega-3 and fatty acids. Salmon, sardines, trout, etc. are some of the oily fishes that are rich in fatty acids. The neurons are brain cells that help in improving the brain structure. The covering of the cell is called membrane. Body builds this membrane with the help of Omeha-3 fatty acids. Blood flow in brain is improved if a good amount of Omega-3 is consumed. It helps in stimulating brain function thereby increasing the memory power of the brain. Thinking abilities are also boosted by eating oily fishes. It is also a good source of vitamin D. Apart from boosting brain functions it also helps to stop heart attack, strokes, reduces depression, autoimmune diseases, asthma (in children), etc. It improves eye-sight (also in older age), quality of sleep, etc. are some of the other benefits of consuming fatty or oily fish.
- Whole grains – Whole grains are present in abundance and have nutritional value and are high source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a number of health benefits like moisture skin, heals the wound, stops or prevents skin cancer, reduces skin itching, stops chronic skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis, reduce wrinkles, sunburn, fine lines, etc.Whole grains are present in foods like brown rice, oatmeal, whole grain bread, etc. it provides energy to your body as it essential for your body to function. It helps to increase the concentration, focus and memory of the brain.It produces glucose which slowly mixes in our blood and produces energy. Mental alertness is also boosted by consuming whole grains. Other benefits of whole grain are lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, improve digestion, help maintain healthy weight, protect teeth and strengthen gums, keeps blood sugar in checks, great source of calcium, vitamin C, B, lower cancer risks, inflammation, increases life span, etc.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate is a good source of caffeine, antioxidants, etc. It consists of compounds that helps in boosting brain power. It can help reducing aging, boosts mental health, sharpens memory power, etc. Cancer can also be prevented by consuming dark chocolate. It is instant mood booster. If you want to lighten your mood and reduce depression, you must eat dark chocolate. It makes people happy. Other benefit of dark chocolate are high antioxidants, improve blood flow, lower blood pressure, reduce heart risks, protects our skin, etc.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc and have minerals in abundance. These minerals help to boost a person’s thinking ability and memory power. It is also a high source of vitamin B and tryptophan. It is high in antioxidants, reduces different types of cancers, good for heart, bladder and prostate, high in magnesium, controls and lowers blood sugar levels, high in fiber. Therefore, consuming pumpkin seeds is a great decision to make. Those who have a weak memory should definitely consume it.
These are some of the best foods one can consume to improve the power of brain and memory. Along, with this one must also exercise regularly and practice yoga, meditation as they are also a great way to improve the power and functioning of the brain. It needs to take proper sleep which is another important factor to increase the brain and concentration power.
Author Bio – I am Hall Mike, an ambitious Content Writer. I am health conscious and through my content make people aware of it by writing article for the same. I am currently working with Assignmenthelp4me as a Senior Content Writer.